Monday, September 21, 2009

A sort of Epiphany

So, I think I've finally come to the point where I've realized I really do need to make some sort of cleaning schedule, much to my chagrin.  This is coming from someone who is a "messy", so I feel like I'm making some sort of headway.....never mind it's taken me 8 years to get to this point.  How long it has taken for me to reach this point doesn't truly matter, does it?  Anyway, I'm in the middle of a true upheaval in the way I'm trying to do things around the house, as well as with our "budget" which currently is non-existent.  I'm so hoping that I will be able to get my husband on board, as well as being self-disciplined enough to at least get to the part where we've figured what we've been spending and can make a "spending" plan. For now, I'll be happy with the fact that I've got to the place again where I'm not having a desire to be out all the time and always finding some way to spend something, justified or not.  This is truly an accomplishment, and something I would've never been able to do without God's help.  Shopping is my "thing", finding a bargain is even better.  I've been struggling with this for a very long time, and God is slowly helping me through it, so I can be satisfied in every sense with what I have, and what he has for me, which is a truly awesome thing in my book.  I do have to say that my husband thinks it's an awesome thing too, in a funny sort of way.  So, we'll just have to wait and see how everything pans out.....and whether I can trust God and know that he has something way better for me than anything I could buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my small bit of cyber space, feel free to leave me a note....